Last Updated: April 25, 2019
Hosch & Morris, PLLC (“HM”, “we”, “us”, “our”) is a data privacy and technology law firm based in Dallas, Texas. We believe in transparency, and we’re committed to being upfront about our privacy practices, including how we collect, use, share, and otherwise process your personal information when you visit this Site.
“Personal information” means any information that enables us to identify you, directly or indirectly.
What personal information does HM collect from you and when we do we collect it?
Information we collect from you and when we collect it:
- Information you provide to us: We collect the personal information you provide to us when you email, call, write, or otherwise initiate contact with us using our contact information posted on the Site. We record your contact information (name, address, phone number, and email address, and any other information you provide) in our email, VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) and/or CRM (Customer Relationship Management) systems, which are provided by our service providers.
- Website Usage Data. We use a third-party website analytics service provider to understand how our Site is being used and to gain insight into how the Site is performing. Our service provider sends us visual reports on statistics like pageviews, conversion, referrers, and popular content. While we don't collect the information underlying those reports, our service provider processes that information on our behalf, including but not limited to information such as your IP addresses, preferences, web pages you visited prior to coming to our Site, information about your browser, network or device, timestamps, clicks, scrolling, browsing times, searches, transactions, referral pages, load times, and problems you may encounter, such as loading errors.
- Cookie and other tracking technologies. “Cookies” are small files or pieces of text that download to a device when a user accesses a website or app. These technologies are able to store a unique identifier for a device to allow a website to recognize the device whenever the device is used to visit the website. We collect information using cookies and similar tracking technologies provided to us by our service providers. We may use these tracking technologies for various purposes, including remembering information that will make your use of the Site more convenient and to track the total number of users of our Site on an aggregate basis. You can find more information about cookies and how they work at www.allaboutcookies.org. We have also activated a cookie control in connection with this Site that will allow you to choose not to receive cookies.
How do we use the information we collect from you?
Generally, we collect and use personal information from you for functional purposes, including to improve the performance, security and usability of our Site.
When you contact us with information requests, questions, concerns, disputes, feedback, or any for other reason, however, we may use your personal information to respond to you.
Does HM share your personal information?
• When our vendors or service providers are helping us provide the Site to you and providing services to us;
• When we are required to provide information in response to a subpoena, court order, or other applicable law or legal process; or
• When we have a good faith belief that the disclosure is necessary to prevent or respond to fraud, defend our Site against attacks, or protect the property and safety of HM, our Site’s users, our clients, or the public.
Is your personal information secure?
Yes, but... We use commercially reasonable efforts to protect your personal information, including encryption. However, no security controls are 100% effective and we cannot ensure or warrant the security of your personal information.
Does HM transfer personal information across national borders?
Not intentionally... HM is based in the United States and this Site is intended for a U.S. audience. If you are located outside the United States, you authorize us to transfer your personal information away from the country in which such information was originally collected. In particular, you authorize us to transfer personal information to the U.S. and consent to the transfer, processing and storage of your personal information in the U.S. For more information, please refer to Section 2 of our Notices & Terms.
Does HM respond to “Do Not Track” Signals?
No. HM does not track its users over time and across third party websites to provide targeted advertising and therefore does not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals. However, some third-party sites do keep track of your browsing activities when they serve you content, which enables them to tailor what they present to you. If you are visiting such websites, you can learn more about “Do Not Track” by visiting www.allaboutdnt.com.
Can children under age 18 use this Site?
No, except with the permission of a parent or guardian... For more information, please refer to Section 1 of our Notices & Terms.
Data Retention & Right to be Forgotten
HM will not retain your personal information longer than is necessary for the purpose it was collected. If you believe that HM is in possession of your personal information, but wish to have it removed from our systems, please get in touch with HM’s Chief Privacy Officer at email@example.com.
Note that depending on where you reside, you may have the right to exercise rights available to you under applicable laws with regards to the personal information we collect in connection with our Site. To exercise your rights, including to make a request to access, delete, update or correct your personal information, or to ask for portability of your personal information, or to object to the processing on grounds relating to your specific situation, please contact us. We will consider your request in accordance with applicable laws. To protect your privacy and security, we may take steps to verify your identity before complying with the request.
Who should I contact with questions or concerns?